A nitroimidazole class of antibiotic medication, Flagyl is used to various bacterial infections such as infections of skin, stomach, vagina, joints and respiratory tract as well as some protozoan infections. Flagyl contains metronidazole as its active component and is available in form of tablets of strengths of 250 mg and 500 mg.
Discount Coupon : 10% Cash Back on Order $100
- Product Code: Flagyl
- Availability: In Stock
Delivery Time : Express Shipping (7-12 Working Days)
|Product||Dosage||Pack Size||Free Pills||Price||Quantity||Order|
Flagyl Action Mechanism
Flagyl is selectively absorbed in blood by anaerobic bacteria and sensitive protozoa. Its metabolites are taken up into bacterial DNA and form unstable compounds. Thus, Flagyl results in inactivation of various bacterial enzymes and fragmentation of DNA in bacteria causing significant effect on bacterial cell.
Consult your medical professional before taking Flagyl medication as its dosage depends upon your weight, severity of medical condition and any clinical history, if present. The usual recommended dose of Flagyl is 750 mg taken three times a day for 5 to 10 days. While Flagyl dosage for treatment of trichomoniasis is 2 grams only for 1 day or 250 mg three times a day for a week.
Do not take Flagyl if you
- Are allergic to any of its active or inactive components,
- Are pregnant or breastfeeding or alcoholic,
- Have a medical history of liver or kidney ailments, seizures and blood disorders.
Flagyl Side Effects
Common side effects of Flagyl include
- Dizziness, diarrhea, runny or stuffy nose,
- Dry mouth or unpleasant metallic taste and stomach pain,
- Flu symptoms such as sneezing and cough or loss of balance.
While serious side effects of Flagyl include
- Seizures, mood or behavior changes and drowsiness,
- Vision problems such as increased sensitivity to light,
- Watery or bloody stools and severe skin reaction.