Prevacid is an oral anti-acidity medication used to treat inflammation of esophagus, gastro esophageal reflux disease (GERD), zollinger-ellison syndrome, ulcers and certain bacterial infections of stomach. Prevacid contains lansoprazole as the active ingredient and is available in various dosage forms such as capsule, delayed release tablet and orally disintegrating tablet.
Discount Coupon : 10% Cash Back on Order $100
- Product Code: Prevacid
- Availability: In Stock
Delivery Time : Express Shipping (7-12 Working Days)
|Product||Dosage||Pack Size||Free Pills||Price||Quantity||Order|
Prevacid Action Mechanism
A proton pump inhibitor (PPI) class of drug, Prevacid acts by blocking enzyme that produces acid (hydrochloric acid) in stomach and thereby decreasing acid concentration in stomach. Hence, Prevacid decreases acid production in stomach and helps in healing of stomach and esophagal inflammations.
Consult your medical professional before taking Prevacid as its dosage depends on your clinical condition and severity of disease.
Recommended Prevacid dosage for treatment of GERD and healing of erosive esophagitis is 15mg once a day up to eight weeks. While recommended starting dose of Prevacid for healing duodenal ulcer is 15mg once a day for four weeks.
Do not take Prevacid if you
- Are allergic to any of its components
- Are pregnant or breast feeding
- Suffer from any medical complications such as liver diseases, heart ailments or hypomagnesaemia
Prevacid Side Effects
Common side effects of Prevacid include
- Headache and nausea
- Diarrhea or constipation and stomach pain
While serious side effects of Prevacid include
- Fever or sore throat and vomiting
- Unusual skin rash or bleeding and yellowing of eyes or skin
- Yellow or brown urine and blistering or peeling of skin
- Allergic reactions such as itching or hives and swelling of face, lips or tongue