Allegra is an antihistamine medication used to treat or prevent symptoms of allergies that include itchy skin rash and hives. Allegra contains Fexofenadine as its major active metabolite and is available in of oral suspension (30 mg/ 5 ml), orally disintegrating tablet (30 mg) and tablets (30 mg, 60 mg, and 180 mg strengths).
Discount Coupon : 10% Cash Back on Order $100
- Product Code: Allegra
- Availability: In Stock
Delivery Time : Express Shipping (7-12 Working Days)
|Product||Dosage||Pack Size||Free Pills||Price||Quantity||Order|
Allegra Action Mechanism
Allegra belongs to long lasting H1-receptor antagonist (antihistamine) that has selective and peripheral H1-antagonist action. Allergy is caused as a result of histamine attachment to its receptors. Allegra thus acts by blocking histamine H1 receptor, thereby preventing cell activation caused by histamine.
Consult your medical professional before taking Allegra as its dosage depends upon the type and severity of allergy. Usual dose of Allegra for chronic idiopathic urticaria and seasonal allergic rhinitis in adults is 60 mg tablet taken twice a day (with a maximum dose of 180 mg per day). While Allegra dosage in children is 30 mg taken twice a day, generally prescribed with water and can be taken with or without food.
Do not take Allegra if you
- Are pregnant, breastfeeding or older than 65 years,
- Suffer from any renal complications,
- Are allergic to any of its active and inactive ingredients.
Allegra Side Effects
Common side effects of Allegra include
- Dry or irritated nose, mouth, or throat and cough,
- Headache, drowsiness or nausea,
- Stomach pain or upset and menstrual changes.
While serious side effects of Allegra include
- Chest pain or fast heartbeat,
- Fever or infection and breathing problems,
- Severe allergic reactions such as itching or hives, skin rash and swelling of face, lips or tongue.